One treat my family always asks for around Christmastime is cinnamon rolls. Ooey and gooey and full of cinnamon deliciousness, they love waking up to these treats (along with some hot coffee or orange juice). But that doesn’t keep them from eating them at lunch time – or as dessert – too!
Favorite Cinnamon Roll Recipe
¼ cup warm water
¼ cup butter, melted + ½ cup butter (divided), at room temperature
3.4 oz. package of instant vanilla pudding
1 cup warm milk
1 egg, at room temperature
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
½ teaspoon salt
4 cups bread flour
½ teaspoon active dry yeast
1 cup packed brown sugar
4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered (confectioner’s) sugar
½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 ½ teaspoons milk
1. In a bowl, combine the water, melted butter (cooled), pudding mix, milk, egg, sugar, salt, bread flower, and yeast. Mix. (You may use the dough hook on an electric mixer, or you may combine these ingredients in a bread machine.) Be very careful that the butter and water are not hot, or you will kill the yeast.
2. Place dough on a lightly floured counter and roll into a rectangle that measures about 17 x 10 in.
3. Spread ¼ cup of room temperature butter over the rectangle.
4. In a bowl, blend together the brown sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle this mixture over the rectangle.
5. Starting on a long side, roll the dough into a log. Cut into about 16 circles and place in a buttered 9 x 13 in. baking pan. Cover with a clean dishtowel and allow to rise in a warm location for about 45 minutes, or until doubled.
6. In the meantime, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
7. Once the rolls have doubled in size, bake in the preheated oven for 15 – 20 minutes, or until golden.
8. In the meantime, make the frosting by stirring together the cream cheese, ¼ cup of room temperature butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk.
9. Remove the rolls from the oven and brush frosting over them. Best served warm.
Gourmet recipes at your finger tips...